About St. Louis Personal Injury Attorneys
Working exclusively on the behalf of plaintiffsA native of St. Louis, Jeff Lowe, the principal of Carey, Danis & Lowe, graduated from St. Louis University Law School in 1985 and concentrates his practice in personal injury litigation, exclusively on behalf of plaintiffs. Jeff has tried numerous cases to verdict, including personal injury cases, multi-plaintiff cases and class actions. He has tried cases involving auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, trucking accidents, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases & product liability. He has handled numerous drug injury cases throughout the United States involving many different drugs, including Vioxx, Fen Phen, Bextra, Zyprexa, hormone replacement therapy, Ortho Evra, Accutane, Trasylol, Reglan, Oral Sodium Phosphate, Fleet Enema, Avandia, Yaz, Gadolinium, Levaquin, Cipro, and Fosamax. He has written on personal injury topics and was on the Board of Governance for the Missouri Association of Trial Lawyers.
In 2003 after a successful career as a partner in two other plaintiff firms, he formed Carey, Danis & Lowe. It currently has sixteen attorneys and a large support staff.
Since 1985, Jeff has handled personal injury cases, consumer class actions resulting in multi-million dollar jury verdicts and settlements, multi-plaintiff insurance fraud cases and other complex commercial litigation exclusively on behalf of plaintiffs. A sampling of his accomplishments include:
- He was co-lead attorney and obtained a jury verdict of $105,000,000 in a product liability case involving an exploding multi piece wheel against Bridgestone/Firestone, Inc.
- He tried a case and obtained a jury verdict of $4,500,000 in a product liability case involving defective breast implants against Medical Engineering Corp.
- He was the lead attorney and settled a class action for $5,000,000 in a lawsuit against Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri for improper calculation of co-payments and breach of contract.
- He was the attorney for the parents and settled right before trial a wrongful death case for $2.1 million for the death of a 17-year-old girl in a car/truck collision.
- He won a $2 million verdict in a medical malpractice case on behalf of a woman who developed stage IIB cervical cancer against the pathologist who misread the pap smears.
- He won a $1.9 million verdict for a man injured in a motorcycle accident and a settlement of $250,000 for the motorcycle driver’s son. Click here for a news story regarding that case.
- He obtained a $1,000,000 judgment for a man who was severely injured by a hit and run truck
- He settled a truck/car crash case for $1,000,000 involving a truck that crossed over the center line, killing a 62 year old woman.
- He settled a medical malpractice case for a confidential amount on behalf of the husband and two daughters of a woman who died after having her gallbladder removed.
- He settled a medical malpractice case for a confidential amount on behalf of a husband and two children of a woman who died due to the misdiagnosis of a pulmonary embolism.
- He obtained a confidential settlement from six life insurance companies as the result of their daughter being murdered by her husband for the life insurance proceeds.
- He was one of the attorneys who, after eight days of trial a product liability lawsuit on behalf of six plaintiffs who suffered valvular heart disease after taking the diet drug Fen Phen, settled for a confidential amount.
- He settled right before trial a case for a confidential amount involving a child who suffered brain damage from a vaccine for diphtheria, tetnis and pertussis.
- He obtained a confidential settlement in a medical malpractice case on behalf of the parents whose son died due to the failure to diagnose vitamin deficiency in a young man who had undergone gastric bypass surgery.
If you are suffering from an injury, learn more about how we can help you by calling (314) 725-7700 or filling out our contact form. We will meet with you at your convenience for a FREE CONSULTATION to discuss your options.
Carey, Danis & Lowe
8235 Forsyth Blvd., Suite 1100
St. Louis, Missouri 63105